[Soget is highly specialised in German translations, producing thousands of pages per year]
To provide just a few examples: we have worked alongside one of the most prestigious Gernam and Italian designers to produce German catalogues in the furniture sector; we have translated numerous tourist guides; we have translated hundreds of legal, academic and marketing documents.
However, our experience primarily concerns the translation and DTP of technical manuals, both from and into German, a process enhanced by the use of the most advanced Cat systems, such as Across Language Server and Trados.
Our language skills are guaranteed by a team of professional, highly specialised, mother tongue translators. Indeed, we select German resources based not only on academic performance, language skills and translation experience, but also on specialisation and the ability to research topics and process information.
SPECIALISED GERMAN TRANSLATIONS
Our extensive database of translators allows us to offer highly specialised German translations in the following sectors:
PROCESSES BEHIND EVERY GERMAN TRANSLATION
Every translation project from or into German follows the procedures set by our ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System, in particular:
- A precise and rapid quote is provided for every translation into and from German. Estimates are provided based on wordcount, the reduction in costs and lead times obtained via the use of translation memories, and any additional management, DTP or printing services.
Estimates may be requested 24-7 via our online forms;
- German translations are carried out exclusively by mother tongue professionals. Soget translators go through a strict selection process, and their work is rigorously monitored by our Project managers.
- Every translation is put through our quality control process, recording the result of standard controls and any additional controls required by the customer.
- All translations from and into German are managed by highly experienced Project Managers with suitable technical/language skills, guaranteeing the quality and traceability of every project stage, in line with the customer's needs and expectations.
- We produce, manage and publish translations into and from German in all the main Macintosh and Windows software formats.
GERMAN TRANSLATION ACCORDING TO BS EN 15038
SOGET is BS EN 15038 certified: the standard that determines the requirements of a translation service provider.
TRANSLATION MEMORIES AND GLOSSARIES
We produce translations into and from German using CAT (Computer Aided Translation) tools such as Across, Trados and Star. This software supports the translation process and offers a series of undisputable advantages: the ability to work directly on source files, homogeneous terminology, and a significant reduction in costs and lead times.
Soget offers the client translation memories and glossaries created in conformity with GUIs and standards, guaranteeing consolidated technical and specialised terminology.
ADDITIONAL PROCESSES BEHIND THE MANAGEMENT OF GERMAN TRANSLATIONS
- Soget outsources Corporate Translation Management (CTM) services.
The company's software and resources integrate its German translation services with the customer’s IT structure, producing the final product in the selected language and format, at the agreed deadline and, above all, without taking up the time client’s time
- Soget also updates existing German documentation.
Technical manuals and product catalogues may from time to time need to be amended, whether trivially or significantly. As a result, German localised versions must also be updated accordingly. To this end, we can update the texts, translation memories and layouts (drawings and all graphical components), issuing the final product and archiving same.
ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE SERVICES
TRANSLATIONS IN ALL THE MAIN SOFTWARE FORMATS
Soget can work on any software format. Indeed, we produce, manage and publish German translations in all the leading Macintosh and Windows software formats.
Translations can be preserved in the same format or be worked internally using all the main authoring, Dtp or Office programs, such as:
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint Design, Expression, Visio
- Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, FrameMaker, Illustrator, InDesign, PageMaker
- Broadvision Quicksilver, Interleaf
- Corel Draw, Ventura
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
At Soget, confidentiality and data protection are regarded as necessary elements in supporting communication, production processes and corporate tradition. We request our translators, who operate at all times in strict observance of the professional secrecy act, to sign general and job-specific confidentiality agreements.
You may send us documents and data rapidly and manage online projects in real time through our ISA Server, which provides customers secure access to our corporate network.
Our company infrastructure is securely safeguarded against spamming and viruses, and automatically backs up all data.
Finally, cryptography protects the customer's need for confidentiality through encoded emails and attachments.
LANGUAGES TRANSLATED INTO AND FROM GERMAN
Soget carries out translations into Italian from over 100 languages, and vice versa.
The most common languages Across all specialisations are English, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese and the Central European languages.